Wednesday, June 22, 2016

GOD DOES CARE WHO WE WORSHIP


(All Scripture is from the King James Version.)
OK, the first 3 are covered under, "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." (Lev. 19:18; Matt. 19:19, 22:39; Mark 12:31; Rom. 13:9; Gal. 5:14; & James 2:8.) If, what they meant to say was that we shouldn't judge others based on the given criteria as a condition of our love, that's one thing. However, He NEVER said that He doesn't care who you worship. He cares very much who is the object of worship. Prior to the above quotes in Matthew and Mark, He said, "...Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment." Matt. 22:37-38, and "...The Lord our God is one Lord; And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and all thy strength: this is the first commandment." Mark 12:29-30. This goes back to the first of the 10 Commandments in Exodus 20:3, "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." In John 14:6 He said,"...I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
This point is further emphasized in the book of Isaiah. Beginning in chapter 40:18, "To whom the will ye liken God? or what likeness will ye compare to him?"
40:25: "To whom then will ye liken me? or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One."
42: 8: "I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images." 
43:10-12: "...understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God." 
"In 44:6: "Thus saith the LORD . . . I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God." 
In verse 8: "...Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any." 
In 45:5-6, "I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me...there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else." 
Again in verses 21 and 22, "...there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else." 
In chapter 46:5, "To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?" Again He says it in 46:9, "Remember the former hings of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me." 
In 48:11, He said, "...I will not give my glory to another."
As if to emphasize the difference between Himself and us, or anyone else, He also says this:
55:8, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD."
55:9, "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." 
In 66:1, "THUS saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me?"
 He couldn't be any clearer on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home